Trying to fall asleep when you just feel hot and sweaty is one of the most uncomfortable things that you have to do. There are different reasons for it. Perhaps it is truly hot outside and you do not feel like using your HVAC system. Perhaps you are going through menopause and you are experiencing hot flushes. It may not seem serious in the beginning but if you fail to get enough sleep for more than a week, it will be evident through the way that you look and the way that you act.
It can be a great investment to search for the best cooling pillow that will allow you to sleep well at night. These cooling pillows will lessen the possibility of waking up in the middle of the night with your hair drenched in sweat. Since you will not wake up in the middle of the night anymore, you will find yourself sleeping better and feeling better when you wake up in the morning.
Sleep Innovations Reversible Gel Memory Foam Pillow
Classic Brands Cool Sleep Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Gusseted Pillow
Types of Cooling Pillows
There are different variations of cooling pillows that are available. These cooling pillows are made out of different materials. They can also have different uses so it is ideal that you get to know each type before you make a decision regarding the best cooling pillow you are going to buy.
Here are the different types of pillows that should be considered:
1. Water Pillows
Water based pillows are actually quite rare. If you would look for water pillows in the mall, you may have trouble finding one. Searching online may be better as you can get results in seconds but these are not so easy to find.
Cooling water pillows come with a foam layer. This layer has been saturated in water beforehand. Due to this, the water pillow can relatively cool down the person who is using it. It can help disperse heat effectively. It should be noted that water pillows do not always need to be refrigerated in order to cool down.
2. Memory Foam Gel Pillows
It should be noted that memory foam pillows come in various shapes and types. Aside from the gel type, some memory foam pillows are made out of latex, wool or even down feather. The different types of memory foam pillows are made for different purposes.
The latex is meant to give the most ample support to the back and neck. The wool pillow on the other hand is the one that is most recommended for those who are suffering from allergies. The memory foam pillows that are made of down feather are known to be the softest and can be easily adjusted depending on your needs.
Memory foam gel pillow on the other hand has gel that can help contour to your neck and back in order to make it ultra comfortable. Since you are going to rest your neck, head and back, the gel will absorb the heat and disperse the heat to keep you feeling cool even if you have laid down for a long time.
3. Down Feather Pillows
It has been mentioned earlier that there is a type of memory foam pillow that is full of down feathers but you also have an option to purchase down feather pillows that are literally full of feathers to keep you cool and comfortable.
It should be remembered that down and feathers are completely different. Down is usually located at the belly portion of the bird. This is in charge of providing full insulation to the bird. Feathers on the other hand are what you normally see at the bird’s top portion.
Since you can easily adjust down feather pillow, you will be able to fix it up depending on how comfortable you would like it to be against your head, your neck and at times, even your back.
4. Buckwheat Pillow
What should be noted about buckwheat pillows is that they are normally used for different things other than to provide cooling. This is the most eco - friendly option available as manufacturers usually make use of environment friendly materials that are meant to last for a long time.
Buckwheat pillows can be effective for cooling because they allow air to flow freely to and from the pillow. This means that you will feel that your pillow is fresh for at least a certain period of time. At the same time, it can perfectly contour your neck and head too so it will provide comfort like other more expensive pillows available.
Choosing the Best Cooling Pillow
There are various factors that you have to consider so that you can choose the best cooling pillow for night sweats. Here are the important things that you should think about:
It is only fitting that you will consider how effective the cooling method of the pillow is otherwise, what it the point of purchasing best cooling pillow if it would not be able to cool you down during warm, humid nights?
Like mentioned earlier, there are different materials that are used to make the pillows. It would depend on your preference which one you think is the most comfortable for you. It may take time before you are able to decide which is right for you.
You may be the type of person who generally prefers firm pillows over soft ones. It will be ideal that you know what you want even before you make a decision. If you cannot decide, perhaps you can choose a pillow that comes with moderate firmness. If you choose a pillow that is too firm, it will not be helpful in contouring your neck and head.
Who would not want to have pillows that are made with quality items? Everyone would like to have quality pillows. You want something that will last for years especially if you are going to spend a lot of your money on it.
Hand Wash vs. Machine Wash
It is ideal that you will always clean the cover of your pillows in order to keep the pillows clean and fresh. There are some pillow covers that you can easily hand wash. It will not take too much effort because pillow covers are generally small. If you do not know how to hand wash, machine wash can be a good option as well.
Comfort and Support
The comfort and support will depend on the fabric of the pillow as well as the materials that are used in order to fill the pillows. It is best to choose materials that will give the best comfort.
It should be remembered that the size of cooling pillows are not normally as large as the usual pillows but there are still different sizes that are available. There are some pillows that are small while there are also some cooling pillows that come in extra large sizes.
You may not consider this as one of the most important things that you have to reckon but then again, you would like to purchase something that is worth it. If you purchase something that is so expensive and is not effective, it can be disappointing.
There are still a lot of factors that you want to consider personally but the ones mentioned above are the ones that will help you decide which pillow to purchase.
Review of the 10 Best Cooling Pillows
Now that you are aware of the things that you should look for in cooling pillows, let us take a look at some of the cooling pillow reviews that will help you make better choices.
This is a cooling pillow that has been created specifically for side sleepers. It offers support that is thick and durable to ensure that you will stay comfortable while you are using it. Since this is made of 100% cotton fiber, you can expect that it will be breathable too to ensure that you will get the proper cooling comfort you deserve.
- Comes with Extra Thick Sides - This ensures that you will be able to position yourself comfortably enough even when you are sleeping on your side.
- Just Right - If you are searching for a pillow that can give in between support between firm and soft, this is highly ideal.
- Can Last for Years - Those who have been using this comfortable pillow for years have reported that the support and the firmness of the pillow is still the same.
- Flatter Than Before - There are some people who have said that the pillows that were produced years before are better than this one.
- Not High Enough - It may not reach 3” height that it is expected to be.
The fact that the bamboo cover is hypoallergenic says a lot about how well this pillow can be used. This is filled with memory foam and it will be easy to adjust depending on how you think this can be most comfortable to you.
- Comes in King and Queen Sizes - If you are worried that these pillows are not big enough then it should not worry you anymore because the sizes are similar to standard pillow sizes.
- Eco Friendly - If you are concerned about the environment then you know that purchasing this will be a good idea for you as you are not contributing to the problems of the environment.
- Mold Resistant - Mold is one of the reasons when people get allergies. With this one, you should not worry as this is mold resistant.
- A Bit Hard - It will depend on your preference but some people think that it is too firm for their liking.
- Not for Side Sleepers - Those who normally sleep on their sides may find this pillow too lumpy for their liking and it will not be too comfortable for them.
There are a lot of side sleepers in the world who are searching for the right pillows to use and this just might be the right one. It comes with an Outlast cover that is meant to improve and enhance the cooling effect that it may have.
- Comes with Own Zippered Cover - The fact that it already comes with its own cover decreases the need to search for another cover that will fit.
- Medium Firmness - For those who are searching for pillows that are not too hard and not too soft, then the medium firmness this can give will be perfect.
- Dissipates Heat Quickly - Since it can get rid of the heat rather fast, you do not have to worry about some hot spots that will cause you to feel uncomfortable.
- May Flatten Out After Some Time - It has a tendency to become flatter after being used often and will not hold its shape and firmness like other pillows.
- Loses Effectiveness When Other Covers Are Used - if you would need to replace the standard cover that comes with it, you may expect that it will not be too effective in getting rid of heat anymore.
If you are searching for a pillow that can greatly enhance your sleeping experience, you know that you will not be disappointed with this one. This can contour your neck and head to give you ultimate comfort. The fact that it is hypoallergenic makes it ideal for anyone who suffers from bad allergies too.
- Comes with a Zippered Cover - The pillow will be effective when it comes with the zippered cover but you will feel the difference when you remove the cover too. It may be cooler.
- Firm - It will provide the firmness that you need in order to help you stay comfortable while lying down.
- Gets Rid of Sweaty Head - It can be highly uncomfortable to wake up with your head all sweaty but this pillow makes sure that you will no longer have a sweaty head when you are sleeping.
- Very Heavy - It usually comes as a surprise to people that this pillow can be very heavy so it may be harder to move around and clean.
- Smelly - It comes with a certain smell but people get used to it easily or the odor gets removed after being used for a certain period of time.
This is a combination of memory foam which is known to provide comfort to the neck and head and memory gel which is supposed to help your head cool down especially when you are only in one position for a certain period of time.
- Will Work Whatever Type of Neck You Have - Unlike some pillows that may only work when you have a long neck or so, you can count on the fact that it will work well for you.
- Gives Ample Support - This is in between a soft and a hard pillow. The medium firmness may be what you are searching for to get maximum comfort.
- A Bit Expensive - People have said that for what it can give, it may be more expensive when compared to other pillows.
- Thinner Than Other Pillows - This is more ideal for those who are not too fond of thick pillows when they sleep.
- Comes with a Plastic Odor - It might be because of the gel but there is a bit of odor when you first start using it. The moment that it is placed inside the cover though, it will not smell anymore.
Whether you are a side sleeper, a back sleeper or any type of sleeper, you can expect that this pillow will provide you with better sleep. It will give you enough neck and head support. It also helps that a lot of research has been spent in designing and producing this pillow so you can expect to get the best.
- Ideal for Those Suffering from Back Conditions - Have you ever suffered from slip disc? Perhaps you have a pinched nerve somewhere in your back. No matter what type of back condition you have, this pillow can give you the comfort you are searching for.
- Good for People with Allergies - If you are having trouble sleeping at night because of your various allergies, then using this pillow will provide the comfort you are searching for.
- Tall Height - If you want a pillow that will allow you to elevate your head and neck a bit while sleeping, this can be it.
- Strong Chemical Odor - Probably because of its components, it comes with a bit of a chemical smell that may take some time to go away.
- Very Firm - This pillows needs a break in period before it can truly be considered as comfortable.
No matter what side you sleep on or what your normal sleeping position is, you will find it hard to be uncomfortable with the use of this best pillow for cooling your neck. One side of this pillow will allow your neck and head to be cradled appropriately while the other side can provide the cooling effect that you are searching for.
- Comes in Many Sizes - The company believes that there is not one size that is perfect for everyone because they know that people have different preferences. Choose the size that you want with this pillow and it will be given to you.
- Two Different Sides - Those who are suffering from hot flushes can take full advantage of the gel side as this can provide them the cooling effect they need so they will not wake up with a sweaty head anymore. The other side on the other hand is perfect for those who are suffering from various back and neck issues.
- Not Too Thick - If you are not too fond of thick pillows because you do not want your head to be totally elevated from the bed, then this may be the best pillow to pick out.
- They May Become Too Flat - After using this for a certain period of time, you may feel that the pillow may start to become flat.
- Cheap Cover - The cover the comes with this may be a bit rough but easily replacing this with another cover will help solve this problem.
Do you normally find yourself suffering from various issues whenever you wake up in the morning? Perhaps you usually suffer from migraines because you did not sleep well. You may have allergies and asthma that keep you up all night. There are a lot of issues that you may have to deal with but these issues can be removed with the use of this hypoallergenic bamboo pillow.
- Firm - If you want a pillow that is always firm then this will provide the type of firmness that you want. It will stay firm even if you have been using it for a long period of time.
- Does Not Capture Excess Body Heat - Since this is a cooling pillow, you can expect that it will not aggravate your issues at night especially when you normally get hot flushes.
- Comes with Comfortable and Soft Cover - No need to initially change the cover that comes with this pillow as the cover comes in a very basic color and is soft.
- Not for Side Sleepers - This is not made for all types of sleepers. If you normally sleep on your side, you may not find this too comfortable.
- You Need to Fluff It - You may need to fluff it in so that you can become more comfortable using it if you have no time to do this, this may not be the right pillow for you.
What makes this highly effective is the fact that this can help get rid of the heat and remove the heat away from you. Generally, you will feel that your neck and head are properly ventilated in order to fit your needs.
- Great for Back and Side Sleepers - Usually, side sleepers have a lot time picking out the right pillow for them but this one can work well because it adjusts depending on how you sleep.
- Thick and Plush - No need to fluff this pillow in order to make it more comfortable for you. You can get the comfort that you need the moment that you use this.
- The Pillow Cover Adds to the Cooling Factor - Unlike other pillow covers that are just meant to provide more coverage to the pillow, the pillow cover that comes with this pillow makes a huge difference on how comfortable this can be.
- Has A Slight Odor - If you immediately become uncomfortable with any type of odor especially this one that you can find on your pillow, then you may not like this pillow as much as you want.
- Heavy - You may find it a bit troublesome to move around especially when you fix your bed.
This is a gel mat that you can place on top of your pillow in order to provide more comfort and support while you are sleeping at night. This can reasonably cool you down so that you will not get bothered by your hot flushes anymore. This is also ideal if you are suffering from fever and you generally need to cool down.
- Reduces Sweating Effectively - It cannot be expected that this can get rid of the night sweats entirely but it can definitely improve and make the neck and head feel cooler at night.
- Gets Rid of Migraines - If you have suffered from migraines for a long time, using this to sleep at night can help get rid of the pain when you normally get too hot.
- Nice and Large - No need to worry that some parts of your neck and your head will not get covered because this is large enough to cover all parts that may get hot or flushed at night.
- Bunches Up A Lot - It has a tendency to become lumpy on one side while the other side will not have anything at all. If you tend to move around a lot when sleeping, then you may find yourself sleeping with almost no support.
- Rough Case - The case that comes with it has a tendency to become scratchy and if you are always concerned about your facial skin, this may not be too ideal for you.
Based on the things that are mentioned above about the cooling pillows, you will have a clearer idea about the different types available. You will also find it easier to choose the right pillows because of the various factors that will allow you to consider what exactly you are looking for. What is the best cooling pillow for you? Did the cooling pillow reviews help you out? Happy shopping for the right cooling pillows